Guidelines for Authors
Conservation Frontlines is an editorially independent, not-for-profit global newsroom that publishes a quarterly e-magazine and monthly news bulletins that cover wildlife issues globally. Our focus is the ethical and science-based management of wildlife and wild lands for biodiversity, sustainability and intelligent use. Conservation Frontlines is also a platform for the rural communities whose need to make a living in their landscapes and from their wildlife is critical to incentivizing conservation.
CFL seeks to offer independent thought, opinion and insight. We do not shy away from problematic or complex issues. Whenever possible, our articles are grounded in data—biological, ecological, social, economic. We aim to spur positive exchanges; we do not play to extremists on any side.
CFL is read by scientists, government and NGO policymakers and administrators, politicians, members of the field-sports trades and conservationists of all kinds, public and private, all around the world.
- As a not-for-profit, CFL does not pay for articles. CFL publishes bylines and thumbnail bios and, if the author wishes, contact information.
- CFL holds its contributors to a high standard. Articles must be thoroughly fact-checked, with links to references and citations.
- Articles may vary from 500 to 3,000 words; whatever is required to tell the story completely and concisely. Illustrations (JPEGs or other digital files) are of course desirable.
- Submit images in JPEG or PNG format. All images must be web optimized at 72 dpi. Maximum image file size should not exceed 1 MB (megabytes). Image dimension should not exceed 1200 x 800 pixels (width x length).
- Upon acceptance, articles are edited closely and then returned to the author for final vetting and approval before publication.
- We recommend that authors query first, rather than sending unsolicited manuscripts. Please review several issues of Conservation Frontlines before submitting a query.
- Send editorial queries to Gerhard Damm, Joint Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org